2014年10月2日木曜日

Time flies like an arrow. 30th September.

Today is 30th September, the last day of September.
A month has passed since end of summer break.
Did I improve my English skill?
Did I learn something new?
Did I enjoy my first month of autumn term?

I can say "Yes, I did" with confidence.
Probably, today's discussion about our perception of adult and child can be some evidence for my answer to those questions.
During our discussion, one of our group member said that "in my perception, people who can earn money and live by themselves are "adult"."

Then, some questions came up with my head.

For example, Japanese student whose age is 16, who could start up their own business such as IT business and has a lot of money that enough to live by himself is adult?
He can't drink beer, smoke, vote, nor get marriage in Japan.

How about an aged person who already retired his career and totally depends on his son and daughter and social welfare to live?
According to his perception of adult, he is not adult because he can't earn money and live by himself.

In my perception, it's depends on environment around people.
I'm 19 years old.
When I was in Canada, there were not my real parents, and Canadian treated over 18 people as an "adult".
So I should be adult, I should do everything by myself in Canada.
However when I am in Japan, I can rely on my parents, Japanese treats under 20 people as an "child".
So I can be child and can behave as a child in Japan.

Anyway, each of our discussion members had interesting their own perception of adult, and it was so interesting for me.
We could discuss better than last term.


After all classes, my friends in my dramatic company and I saw the drama of Gekidan Ko-kasha.
It was pretty good drama, and there were a lot of good point that we should learn from them.
I was hooked on their drama from the beginning of the drama to the end.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿