2014年10月22日水曜日

Rocky path to do what I wanna do. 21st October.

We received our Course Wide Test paper and our first ARW essay during today's our class.
CWT paper should be double-checked by two teachers, but if these two score are different more than 3 point, we can challenge, then our paper can be checked by another teacher.
When my teacher said that, I thought that was good idea to prevent favoritism.
I think in the small class such as ELA class, we have only 18 students in our class, the favoritism can happen anytime, because teachers are also, I know, human.
So, double checking by two teachers and the right to challenge against score under the some conditions are proper rule for student,

After receiving our essay, we had a small discussion about what made our essay score good or bad.
I felt that discussion was good for us because we could know others' good and but points, and I could be checked and pointed out my mistakes which I didn't notice before.
Actually, my partner and I couldn't have enough time to peer edit, but we concentrated on our peer editing for short term. That was a little bit fun for me, that reminded me of my high school days.
However, now in university, in ICU, we shouldn't do same mistakes more than twice, and we should  be more organized and do everything in planed way.
So, I'm gonna start writing next essay soon, and cooperate with partners from the beginning.

I also looked through the Larson's article 13th edition.
That has more pictures and small columns than the older one which is in ELA reader. Actually, I prefer to read paper style book when I read Japanese book, but I thought when I was reading English article or book, it take a lot of time to consult dictionary whenever I find the word or phrase which I didn't know.
Moreover, it is obvious that such electrical device to read is easy to change content which the device has. So, such device will help us to read newspaper or weekly journals in English for learning academic English. Now, actually I'm subscribing TIME but sometimes I feel uncomfortable to consult dictionary when I meet the article which is hard to understand for me. So, if I can afford to buy iPad or Kindle reader, I wanna buy them to read English articles and books.




During today's lunch time, we had a briefing session about oversea program in next summer. I didn't decide yet which program I attend, but I'm thinking attend service learning or UC summer sessions. If I decide to attend service learning, I don't have to be aware of my GPA score. But if I decide to attend UC summer sessions, I have to get GPA more than 3.0 and get TOEFL iBT score more than 79 points. In the latter situation, it must be tough for me, and I know we can't improve our GPA in a day, so I should be more aware of my grade of every classes. Oh...there are a lot of problems against whatever I want to do



1 件のコメント:

  1. Planning in advance is important for everything - essays, studying abroad or whatever. Now you know your GPA is important but there are few things left to do in ARW class to improve your grade for this class. If you had planned in advance you would not be in such a situation where grades may stop you doing what you want to do.

    返信削除