2015年4月14日火曜日

Sick during spring. 4/13

I haven't been well since this rainy morning, I feel sick.
So, I was absent from all classes on my second day of spring term.

Fortunately, I have a couple of friends in my RW class and I could ask them what they did in today's class.
All students except me did background research about "the corporation" written by Joel Bakan, they told me.
I took your ARW class in last autumn term, and I already experienced how this blog improves my writing.
Although, I couldn't attend today's class, I'm gonna write today's blog as my homework and a practice.

The definition of corporation is "a large company or group of companies authorized to act as a single entity and recognized as such in law" (from Oxford Dictionaries).
I think that one person can not make "corporation".
"Corporation" consists of some people, not one person.
So, I guess this book, the corporation, is about people or group, not individual's story.

Joel Bakan, the author, is a Canadian and professor of law at University of British Columbia (UBC) in Canada. He has a law degrees from world famous universities such as Oxford and Harvard. So, we can say he is professional of law and we can guess that his stand point of view will be based on law, not psychology or biology.

And also, film and television miniseries based on his book was created by Mark Achbar.
He is a Canadian filmmaker, and he is interested in nuclear power, poverty and hegemony, so he might make critical film to dominant group.

Before reading book, I guess Bakan's book is critical to corporate power, bacause he worked with a filmmaker who have negative thought against corporate power.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿