2015年4月29日水曜日

How to make Academic Essay. 4/28

What is "good" for everyone around the world?

The most interesting part of today's lecture was that there is no definition of good for everyone.

We need to do 5A's check before deciding our academic essay topic.
5A stands for academic, achievable, access, argumentative, and attractive.

I think if I can make a topic perfectly meet 5A's check, my essay must be great paper.
In other words, to meet 5A's check may most essential part of writing good paper.

I'm taking another class which name is "public communication", and it helps me to write my academic essay.
In that class, our teacher mentioned about background research.
When my essay topic is about popular or famous, we don't need to write background research more than one section.
However, when my essay topic is about specific things or so scientific idea, we need to explain background information and write down background research as much as readers need.

Actually, I'm thinking about Asian economy as a my essay topic, but the problems based on 5A's check are achievable and argumentative.

I have only 8weeks to finish my essay, and "asian" is too big definition.
So, maybe I need to specify one country or religion in Asia for my academic essay topic to meet achievability.

Oh, how can I make my essay more argumentative?
I can research one country's economy and can say that is good or bad.
Should I compare with some countries or something?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿