2014年11月5日水曜日

Marshmallow day. 5th November.

We did the marshmallow challenge in our ARW class, that challenge was that we try to build tall architectural structure by 2o spaghetti, 1m rope and packaging tape with 4 or 5 group members with in 18 minutes.
When we tried that challenge first, our record was 0m, because we spent most of our time to think structure.
Then, we put marshmallow on the top go building, our building collapsed.
The research show that kindergarteners usually had better record than adults.
The reason why they could do that challenge well is that they do "try and error" many time from the beginning of 18 minutes.
In our real life, most of the situations that we try to solve or do well are same as the marshmallow challenge.
We have time limit in every situations.
Kindergarteners tried to build without thinking, then they correct wrong point one by one.
I thought we should do everything according to some plan, but we shouldn't spent a lot of time to think plan without any real action.

Actually, I'm thinking to start my own business in any way before graduating from ICU.
So, today's class taught me that I should act and don't be afraid of errors.
If I fail something new, I can learn from mistakes and can try again like kindergardeners.
I am still young.


1 件のコメント: